Ken Hartman is a native Coloradoan whose passion is anything outdoors involving nature, hence his subject matter tends to be landscapes and people,
often with an outdoor setting.
Transparent watercolor is his most frequently used medium, though oil, alkyd and acrylic are often used as well. He has a formal background of fine art from several colleges, including a master’s degree in painting. Ken spent a year in Europe studying painting and Austrian culture. After 27 years of teaching public school at the secondary level, he is now committed to doing art full time.
Ken has recently won two prestigious awards …
· First Place in February 2010 for Watercolor from Sangre de Cristo Art Guild
· First Place in January 2010 for Acrylic/Oil Painting from Royal Gorge Art Guild at PCC College of Canon City
Art-related skills …
· Architecture rendering
· Landscape design
· T-shirt design
· Graphic design for two magazines— Colorado
· Outdoor Journal and Denver Magazine
· Printmaking in silkscreen, lithograph, and etching
Ken teaches Paint and Drawing classes, and
enjoys hiking, backpacking, fishing, and skiing. Ken is an avid gardener and loves ballroom dancing and chess.
You may reach Ken at 719 / 821-4172